Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

When You Get Discouraged - I Feel Weak In The Sinews - We Gather Together

When you get discouraged
And feel about to lose
Think of the two masters
Which are you going to choose
When the water seems high
And feel about to drown
Think of the Saviour and
The love under His crown
When sadness comes upon you
The world seems dark and gloom
It's the wrong master
Send him to his doom
So feel happy and bright
From now on and each day
The Saviour will guide you
And forever show you the way


I feel weak in the sinews
Whenever I get around you
You sparked my heart
Gave it a brand new start
When you came my
Way


We gather together
To feel the spirit of
The Lord
We gather as friends
We made; The spirit of
Gold
We meet together today
To renew our might
And zeal
The wounds we may
Have had; Our Christ
To heal

4 comments:

  1. Those are really good, Becky. I like the 1st one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the last stanza of this poem. Very well written. How are you doing these days? Hope you're doing good, and having a nice weekend. What are your plans for the Fourth of July?

    Things are alright here in SLC. Still don't have a job. Have 2 months left at shelter to "get it together." I'll let ya know how things progress. I started my own blog site recently. It's on blogger.com under my e-mail address. I'm gonna try to hook up a link to it. Let me know if you can access it. It's kinda weird--but, then, so am I. ha ha...

    talk at ya later..Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky did you write the poem Two Masters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these poems are mine.

    ReplyDelete