Pages

Sunday, April 05, 2009

My World Went Blank - We Saw An Old Man Walking - Is It True

My world went blank
My tongue was in (my) cheek
For you, my friend
The smell from words
Told me you reeked
When will you learn
We want someone true
The majority spies over
Our men, number a few
The eleventh hour comes
Much too fast it comes
A torch in your hand
To burn our homes
When the twelfth hour strikes
War will break
King you may be now
Twelfth hour, you our footstool to make
Turn 'round, face your face
We do every waking day
Turn 'round and face your face
Do you really want to pay?


We saw an old man walking
We stopped to ask what he
Was doing out here all alone
He said he was looking for
The wayside after his
Wife had died
We told him to follow behind
We could him help
He struggled not to cry
Wondered for two
Young people to care
Why
Said we wanted
Him as much as
He needs us


Is it true
He waited

No comments:

Post a Comment